Attention all node operators - Good News - on August 17th 2018, Aion will release the next version of the kernel (v0.2.9.). This version is a required update for your nodes to be compatible with the Aion Token Bridge and token swap events occuring in the near future. Additionally, this version also includes the following features:
- Aion token-bridge (ATB) feature support. The ATB feature support allows transfer of Aion ERC-20 to AION native coin.
- Kernel GUI integrated with wallet features.
- GUI to launch/stop aion kernel.
- Wallet update to support account balance transfer, import account, export account, and QR code for receive address.
- Update Config file using the Config editor.
- Dockerize kernel support. Easy to deploy the kernel to x64 type machine.
- Watchguard support, rebounce kernel automatically when the kernel gets stuck or crashes.
The Aion network is evolving and to maintain compatibility you will need to update your nodes to v0.2.9… Please plan to upgrade when the release is pushed (August 17). We will communicate the block number when the ATB launches in a subsequent post.
Q: But do I need to update?
A: Do you run a node? If Yes, then Yes you need to update.